In this 2-day, one time Psychodrama Training – for professionals only – participants will learn specific action methods techniques, such as sociometry, psychodrama and group psychotherapy, will have the opportunity to practice them and to explore how they can be applied to their current clientele, so they can level up their clinical work.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Engaging and motivating clients
- Helping clients connect to self and others
- Helping clients progress in treatment
- Building group cohesion
- Dealing with conflict in group
This training is open to therapists, counselors, interventionists, bodyworkers, treatment center front-line staff, coaches, teachers, doctors, nurses, attorneys or anyone working in the helping professional who can benefit from utilizing action methods in their work.
Because those of us working in the helping professions find it difficult to find safe spaces in which to do our own work, this group also serves as a place to do that. When training in psychodrama, students direct each other in personal growth psychodramas, allowing for healing and transformation for everyone. Great care is taken to build strong safety, and a commitment to confidentiality is made each time the group meets. Group members have found the group invaluable in pursuing both their personal and professional work and in having an ongoing community of like-minded practitioners with whom they can continue to walk the path of healing and recovery.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Course meets the qualifications for a total of 13.0 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. CAMFT approved CE Provider #1000127. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0224 for 13.0 CEHs. 13.0 CEHs available for Experiential Professionals (ISEP) and Psychodrama.
Please visit review our events calendar page for information on special needs accommodation, our cancellation/grievance policy, and and course completion document issuance.
Standard Price: $412.00
Discounted Zelle/Venmo/Check Discounted Price: $400.00
There is additional fee of $10 per group for CEs
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATION
December 2-3, 2023
9:30 am – 5:00 pm each day
Design for Change
44501 16th Street, West
Lancaster, CA 93534
Due to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic, participants are asked to bring rapid Covid tests each day of the workshop and to arrive with ample in advance of group to take the test before we start the workshop, or complete the test prior to arriving, and bring your test as proof of a negative result. If anyone either tests positive for Covid-19 or has illness symptoms, we ask that you not return for the remainder of the workshop and a credit will be given towards a future workshop for time missed.
If there is reason to believe your test is a false positive (which studies show are rare), you can get a PCR test and may be allowed to return to the workshop with:
- a negative test
- no symptoms
- a willingness to wear a medical grade mask (N-95, KN-95, KF-94, or surgical)
- other group participants feel comfortable with this
General mask requirements for the workshop will be dependent on local ordinance and communicated prior to group.
Substance Use Policy
If you are in substance abuse recovery, you must have at least 1 year of continuous sobriety. It is also required that all non-recovering participants abstain from alcohol and non-prescribed substances for the duration of this training, as well as the 48 hours prior to workshop commencement. This will aid in being present for the personal work and learning.
Ongoing Educational Goals For This Training Group:
- Participants will learn effective sociometric interventions they can use in their own clinical work.
- Participants will learn effective psychodramatic techniques they can use in their own clinical work
- Participants will learn about stages of group work (Forming, norming, storming, performing, adjourning) and which sociometric and psychodramatic techniques are applicable in each.
- Participants will learn the basic structure of warm up, action and sharing in a psychodrama session
- Participants will learn important ethical considerations in the use of both sociometry and psychodrama.
- Participants will learn the applicability of using of action methods is in the treatment of addiction.
- Participants will learn the applicability of using of action methods in the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will learn the Stages of Change model and learn sociometric and psychodramatic interventions that are helpful in each stage.
Ongoing Educational Objectives For This Training Group:
- Participants will be able to identify 3 appropriate sociometric interventions they can use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will identify 1 psychodramatic technique that would be appropriate to use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will be able to name all 3 components of the triadic system of psychodrama.
- Participants will be able to name the stages of group work.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to name 2 clinical tools they can use to help maintain ethics and safety in their clinical practice while utilizing action methods.
- Participants will be able to name the each stage in the Stages of Change model.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention for the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for the treatment of codependency.