Dates: 09/08/2018 - 09/10/2018
Times:9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Simple Recovery Schoolhouse
1901 Newport Boulevard
Costa Mesa, , CA 92627
In this ongoing training group, participants will meet for 3 days/3 times per year to learn specific action methods techniques, including sociometry, psychodrama and experiential therapy. They will have the opportunity to practice new skills, with guidance, so that they can easily apply them in their clinical setting. This group can also serve as a safe and supportive place for professionals to do their own personal healing work.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Engaging and motivating clients
- Helping clients connect to themselves and others
- Helping clients progress in treatment
- Building group cohesion
- Dealing with conflict in group
Most professionals who train in psychodrama do not go on to pursue certification, but are keen to learn effective techniques that they can ethically practice with their clients. This group is open to therapists, counselors, interventionists, bodyworkers, treatment center front-line staff, coaches, teachers, doctors, nurses, attorneys or anyone working in the helping professional who can benefit from utilzing action methods in their work.
Because those of us working in the helping professions find it difficult to find safe spaces in which to do our own work, this group also serves as a place to do that. When training in psychodrama, students direct each other in personal growth psychodramas, allowing for healing and transformation for everyone. Great care is taken to build strong safety, and a commitment to confidentiality is made each time the group meets. Group members have found the group invaluable in pursuing both their personal and professional work and in having an ongoing community of like-minded practitioners with whom they can continue to walk the path of healing and recovery.
Group members must make a 3 consecutive scheduled group weekend commitment to THIS group to start (including financially). Since the dates will be available in advance, the expectation is that group members will attend. If there is a cause for absence, refunds will not be issued. In addition, closure must be done over the course of 2 groups.
A personal interview with our Director, Jean Campbell, LCSW, TEP, is required before registering for this ongoing training group.
Download Flyer: OC Action Methods Group 2018
Course meets the qualifications for 19.5 hours of continuing education credit (per weekend) for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #123417. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0220 for 19.5 CEH’S (per weekend). 19.5 CEHs (per weekend) available for Certified Experiential Therapy (CET) and Psychodrama.
FEE: $475 per weekend
There is a $10 charge per group for CEUs for LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, CAADAC, CET or Psychodrama, or an annual CEU fee of $30 for members of this group.
2019 Dates: January 12-14, 2019; Additional Group Dates TBD by Group Consensus
Ongoing Educational Goals For This Training Group:
- Participants will learn effective sociometric interventions they can use in their own clinical work.
- Participants will learn effective psychodramatic techniques they can use in their own clinical work
- Participants will learn about stages of group work (Forming, norming, storming, performing, adjourning) and which sociometric and psychodramatic techniques are applicable in each.
- Participants will learn the basic structure of warm up, action and sharing in a psychodrama session
- Participants will learn important ethical considerations in the use of both sociometry and psychodrama.
- Participatns will learn the applicability of using of action methods is in the treament of addiction.
- Participants will learn the applicability of using of action methods in the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will learn the Stages of Change model and learn sociometric and psychodramatic interventions that are helpful in each stage.
Ongoing Educational Objectives For This Training Group:
- Participants will be able to identify 3 appropriate sociometric interventions they can use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will identify 1 psychodramatic technique that would be appropriate to use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will be able to name all 3 components of the triadic system of psychodrama.
- Participants will be able to name the stages of group work.
- Participants will be able to identifyat least 1 sociometric intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to name 2 clinical tools they can use to help maintain ethics and safety in their clinical practice while utilizing action methods.
- Participants will be able to name the each stage in the Stages of Change model.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention for the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention to be used when working with the 12-Steps in Action.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention to be used when working with the 12-Steps in Action.