Dates: 07/27/2018 - 07/29/2018
Times:9:30 am - 5:00 pm
To Be Determined
To Be Determined
Costa Mesa, CA 92628
This Introductory Psychodramatic Bodywork Workshop, for professionals only, combines two forms of psychotherapy: bodywork and psychodrama. The former involves safe touch to help individuals connect with the messages that are held in the body as pain, numbness and/or illness, to raise awareness about the ways in which we block and defend ourselves, and to increase somatic and emotional awareness and build capacity for secure attachment and greater intimacy. In the latter, blocked spontaneity from earlier traumas is unblocked and re-integrated through dramatic action methods.
Based on the teachings of Chinese Medicine, this Introductory Psychodramatic Bodywork Workshop will offer you information about how the emotions of anger, fear and sadness are stored in the body and teach specific techniques to recognize those feelings and clear that energy to make room for joy.Jean works with a skilled team of assistants who perform skits and demonstrations that help illustrate the theory, and the atmosphere is relaxed and fun and fosters learning in an easy, natural manner.
The Introductory Level Psychodramatic Bodywork Workshop focuses on:
- Understanding, witnessing and experiencing the emotional release of anger, fear and sadness – from barely expressed to full released
- Learning where the body holds each of these emotions when they are unexpressed
- Learning and practicing guidelines for safe touch
- Increasing our comfort with the use of safe touch
- Increasing our capacity for healthy attachment and greater intimacy
- Increasing our somatic mindfulness
- Experiencing the integration of bodywork in the structure of a psychodrama
- Understanding how the holding of emotion affects the recovery process
- Closure theory
Friday, July 27th – Sunday, July 29th
9:30 am – 5:00 pm each day
$490 if registered and paid by June 27th – $565 thereafter
There is a $10 charge for CEUs for LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, CCAPP/CAADAC, CET or Psychodrama.
Course meets the qualifications for 18.0 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #123417. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-02120 for 18.0 CEH’S. 18.0 CEHs available for CET and Psychodrama.
Download Flyer Here: Intro Bodywork July 2018 OC